What can $50 get you these days? Turns out, quite a lot; you just need to know where to look. As Cyber Monday approaches, we’ve already rounded up all the best Black Friday deals still available if you’re getting your shopping done early at retailers like Amazon, Target, Best Buy, and Walmart. But if you’re on a tight budget or looking for some gifts that won’t break the bank, you’ve come to the right place. Below are a few suggestions, all of which are available for under $50.
- Have a Nintendo Switch, a Go Pro, or phone/tablet/laptop that features a microSD slot? Treat it to a massive boost in storage capacity with SanDisk’s 400GB microSD card at Amazon for just $45. This card usually costs around $50.
- Amazon’s latest streaming stick is a solid alternative to both Roku and Chromecast devices. The Fire TV Stick 4K Max is currently enjoying a $20 discount at Amazon, bringing the final price down to just $35. In our review, Chris Welch stated that “the improvements are minor but worth the extra cash.” Armed with an extensive library of viewing apps, the Fire TV stick remains a great way to expand your viewing options, with a bare minimum of setup.
Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K Max (2021)
Boasting an improved performance compared to the Fire TV Stick 4K, Amazon’s newest streaming stick also supports Wi-Fi 6, Dolby Vision, HDR, HDR10 Plus, and Dolby Atmos. Its newer remote, which comes with the stick, additionally offers handy shortcuts to live TV programming and apps.
- $35 at Amazon
- The latest Roku Streaming Stick 4K, which just launched in September, is selling at Amazon at a record low. Normally $50, the retailer is offering the streaming device for just $29. The 2021 model is faster than its predecessor, comes with improved Wi-Fi performance, and supports Dolby Vision and HDR10 Plus. Roku’s players also now support AirPlay 2, which means you can use your iPhone, iPad, or Mac to easily cast content to the device. Read our review.
- Google’s accessible Roku alternative features support for Dolby Atmos and Dolby Vision and is currently on sale at Walmart and Best Buy for $40, a savings of $10 off the regular list price. The Chromecast with Google TV provides access to all of your favorite streaming services and has a built-in voice assistant to help you find your favorite shows. You can even cast media from your phone through the Chromecast app. Read our review.
- A two-pack of Anker’s 20W Nano chargers is on sale at Amazon for $21 ($10 off), a great price if you’re looking for a capable USB-C charger for fast charging your devices.
- Google’s lozenge-shaped Nest Mini is available for $25 at Best Buy and Walmart, half off the original price tag. In his review, Verge staffer Cameron Faulkner called the smart speaker a great sounding upgrade over the last-gen Home Mini.
- The Lenovo Smart Clock 2 incorporates a touchscreen display into a form factor that would be right at home on your bedside table. Normally $90, you can currently grab the Google Assistant-powered device, along with a free Lenovo Smart Blub, for just $40 at Walmart. Read our review.
- If you’re in need of a few more buttons on your mouse, the wireless Basilisk X Hyperspeed has also been discounted at Target, bringing the price down to just $35. This is the lowest price we’ve seen for this high-performance gaming mouse and is an excellent value whether you’re a gamer or not.
Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed
The wireless version of Razer’s biggest mouse, the Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed features six programmable buttons in addition to a scroll wheel with adjustable tension. The Basilisk sensor can increase to 16K DPI and can be paired with your system via Bluetooth or 2.4Ghz wireless.
- $35 at Target
- These mini speakers from Creative are an awesome solution for beefing up your desktop audio without sacrificing space. Each speaker on the Creative Pebble 2.0 measures just 4.4 inches in diameter and can be powered by a standard USB-A port. Creative also has newer versions of the Pebble that use a single USB-C cable and feature Bluetooth connectivity, as well as a larger version that comes packaged with a modestly sized subwoofer. Regardless of which model you choose, however, they all fall below the $50 mark at Amazon.
Creative Pebble 2.0
The Creative Pebble series of speakers are perfect for anyone that doesn’t have a ton of desk space but needs to power up their desktop audio.
- $20 at Amazon
- If you’re looking for something a little less professional, Walmart is still selling a Fujifilm Instax Mini 7 Plus bundle for just $48, the first discount we’ve seen on the kit. In addition to the instant camera, the bundle includes a 10-pack of Instax film, an assortment of picture frames, and pins for hanging your prints.
- Abode is currently selling the Abode Cam 2 for just $25. An overall solid security camera, you’ll have a hard time finding a camera with the same features for less. The Abode Cam 2 can be mounted indoors or out, is motion-activated, and can record in low-light conditions. While the camera can operate independently, you’ll have to subscribe to Abode’s online service to unlock the more advanced features, such as a clip history, video timeline, and the ability to cache up to 10 days of footage.
Abode Cam 2
The Abode Cam 2 is a fantastic budget solution for indoor or outdoor surveillance. Compatible with both Alexa and Google Assistant, this weatherproof camera has two-way voice capability, motion detection, and low-light video recording.
- $25 at Abode